This easy to use writing packet will give your students great guidance and practice with the essential skill of writing! Task cards can be printed in color or black and white! The artwork can be viewed in color online.
This packet includes:
* Task Cards – There are 20 task cards with three prompts on each card (one narrative, one opinion, and one informational). You can assign a genre or allow students to choose! Each card also includes an image of a famous work of art with a url and qr code to view the art online.
* Planning Templates – There are planning templates for narrative, opinion, and informational writing. Students can use these each time they begin a new piece throughout the school year!
* Student Outlines - These three outlines will provide structure and organization students need for writing in each genre.
* Student Checklists – These kid friendly editing/revision checklists for each genre will remind students how to edit for high quality writing.
* Writing Rubric – Use this rubric to score student writing and provide essential feedback to students.
* Three Writing Papers - These can be printed for students to use for publishing their writing pieces.
This writing packet will promote a classroom culture that values creativity and artistic expression! Give your students the opportunity to examine and be inspired by some of the most famous works of art ever created. With so much emphasis being put on writing, students need opportunities to write in multiple ways about one image, showing different perspectives.
Thank you for shopping at Smartsy and Artsy!
If you like these writing prompts featuring the arts, you might also like my reading lessons featuring the arts! Bundle of Four Reading Lesson Plans Featuring the Arts
Tips from Smartsy and Artsy:
Like this product? Share with others!
Pin this product on Pinterest so others will find it! Start a new board for Smartsy and Artsy products or add it to an existing board! Just click on the Pin It button on the left side of this page and share with others! Thank you.
Keep up with Smartsy and Artsy!
Learn about our new products, sales, and discounts! Become a follower of Smartsy and Artsy by clicking on the green star on any of our pages and receive email updates in your TPT inbox.
Leave feedback and receive TPT credit!
Did you know that you can build up TPT credit by leaving feedback on our products? You can submit feedback at the time of purchase or go to My Purchases for a list of what you have bought in the past. Next to each title is a Leave Feedback button. Click and leave a rating and comment to receive the credit. Go to TPT Credits to learn how to redeem your credits on future purchases!