Also included in
- You are purchasing five of my all time favorite writing resources! Save BIG by purchasing this bundle! This bundle includes my:Editable RubricsEditable One Page Fold-UpsBook ReviewsCard CenterPicture PromptsAll these resources are perfect for K-3 students! Please note that the book reviews, card cen$19.75$24.75Save $5.00
After many years of cutting out rubrics and stapling them on to writing samples, I realized I could embed them into the actual writing template! This has saved tons of time, trees, not to mention my hands (no more cutting out rubrics)! These templates were game changers the second I brought them into the classroom.
My favorite thing about these writing templates is that it made grading writing more consistent. I no longer wondered what papers deserved As, Bs, Cs, etc. I simply followed the rubric and my students earned the scored they worked for.
- Editable templates with primary lines (vertical & horizontal layouts)
- Editable templates with standard lines for upper elementary students.
- Ready to print copies that I personally used with my first and second graders. You can use these with your students or use them to refer to when creating your own rubrics.
Our district uses the FAME rating scale which is what I used on my rubric. I made the templates editable so you are free to type anything into your rubrics to fit your needs.
- F- Falls Far Below
- A- Approaches
- M- Meets
- E- Exceeds
- I like to copy the templates back-to-back so that proficient writers can continue their writing on the back.
- I suggest projecting the rubric on the board and going over all the criteria with your students when you first introduce these and every time you change up the rubric. I noticed that my students found this helpful and were able to use the rubric to .
- Parents LOVE these templates because the rubrics explain in detail why their child received their writing grade. No more confused parents!
- I love to collect data/trends from these assessments to plan my writing mini lessons.
This file has been updated to include more templates. You will now find my original design, a template with a larger picture, and a whole extra file that includes 3 column rubrics. Each design comes with rubrics with 5, 6, and 7 rows. All the text within the rubrics is editable. You can change the fonts and font sizes to make it fit your exact needs.
- You will need PowerPoint™ in order to edit.
- This license is intended for one teacher. If your teacher friends like this resource, please share the link with them so they can purchase their own copy. I thank you for respecting my copyright and hard work.
- Please ask any questions prior to to purchasing.