This kit has it all everything you will need for your Personal Recount unit. Have your students writing about personal experiences, while self and peer assessing, using checklist and creating goals to improve their work.
Included in this set:
- a variety of writing templates (large picture/few lines, med picture/med lines, all lines, booklets etc.)
- learning goals and success criteria posters
- rubric for Grade 1 first term, but it could be adapted for different times of the year
- arrows with the success criteria on them, which can be used to: deconstruct examples, to create student exemplars and for self and peer assessment
- checklists with the success criteria for self assessment and editing
- a double sided recount glove (one side has conventions the other side encourages adding details in their writing)
- Writing Rainbow: a visual tool for students to use to create goals in their writing and to post exemplars in the classroom.
- Writing goal cards: these goal cards match the Writing Rainbow and can be used to help students remember what they need to focus on
This item is available as part of a bundle:
Writing Bundle: Recount, Retell Narrative, Letters & Writing Centres
If you like this unit please check out my other writing mini units:
Writing a Retell with Learning Goals and Success Criteria
Writing Friendly Letters with Learning Goals and Success Criteria
Narrative Writing: Fractured Tales with Learning Goals and Success Criteria
Writing Centres: Engaging and Motivating Young Writers
Thanks for stopping by!