Challenge students to study and write their own poems & identify and generate rhyming words! This resource is packed full of ways to study various types of poetry and templates for the beginner poets. Students will adore the beautiful pictures and the colored samples will be the perfect reference. (Zero prep for you!)
I have created this resource to be used in your writing centers to help students strengthen their writing skills throughout the year.
This resource is part of my FAVORITE INTERACTIVE WRITING CENTER on TPT, which you can view by clicking here:
Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
Once you have your center set up, you simply switch out the ready-made activities and samples on your bulletin board making it easy to always have your station in tip-top shape! Make sure to check out the video explanation and visit my blog to see pictures of this product in use in my classroom.
You can view a video
about this resource by clicking below:
(Skip to 4:!5 if you only want to hear about the interactive writing center!)
Organizing the Interactive Writing Center & More!
In this Writing Poetry & Rhyming Words resource, you will find:
• Colored & Printer-friendly samples of EVERY ACTIVITY (zero prep for you!)
• Colored & Printer-friendly 2-Piece Rhyming Word Pairs
• Colored & Printer-friendly Rhyming Word Clip Cards
• Generating Rhyme Sheets
• Acrostic Name Poetry Templates
• Portrait Page to Pair with Acrostic Name Poems
• Acrostic Poem Templates for General Use
• Color Poems Intro & Templates
• Nursery Rhyme Printables (Identify the rhyming words & color the picture.)
• Shape Poetry Examples & Templates (Perfect Way to Tie in Math!)
• Tips for Teaching Poetry to Young Learners
Check out the preview & thumbnails to understand what you will be getting!
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails