Writing Posters & Goal Cards with "I can" statements.
Also included in
- This bundle includes Writing Goal Posters and Cards with "I Can Statements, Reward Tags, Writing Portfolio organization tools, and a Paragraph Writing resource to help keep your students on the "write track". Included in this BUNDLE:Writing Goal Posters and Reward Tags with "I can" statementsHold yPrice $19.00Original Price $23.75Save $4.75
- Struggling with having writing conferences with each child each week? Every writer has different needs. Your mini lessons may not address the individual needs of all your writer’s when they are all at different stages of their writing development. Yet, your grade level curriculum forces you to movePrice $18.40Original Price $23.00Save $4.60
Hold your students accountable for their learning with this set of 32 Writing Goal Posters with “I can” statements, matching reward tags/goal cards and name tags to encourage your young authors to stay on the “write track”.
I use these often as anchor charts to support mini lessons in our k-2 classroom.
Using Writing goals in your classroom is an effective way to differentiate your instruction. As you hold writing conferences with your students, assign them a writing goal to help improve their writing.
Display the writing goal posters throughout the year as a visual reminder of what good writer’s do.
Use the editable name tags to display their name below their personalized writing goal.
I always provide my students with a copy of the reward tag to attach to their writing folder or journal (or place on their desk) as a reminder of their writing goal. Once they achieve/master their goal, you can then add the reward tag to their rings as a celebration! If you do not use Reward Tags in your classroom, simply send home a copy of the Writing Goal as a certificate of achievement!
- 32 Writing Goal posters
- 32 Reward Tags (or individualized writing goal cards)
- 6 colors of editable name tags, print as many as you need
- One blank template to create your own Writing Goal
- One blank reward tag template
- Cover included if you want to create a binder for these anchor charts
- Table of Contents
I can draw pictures to tell my story.
I can write stories with a setting.
I can write stories with a problem and solution.
I can label my pictures with beginning sounds.
I can label my pictures with words.
I can fancy-up my writing.
I can write a sentence that tells a complete thought.
I can add details to my story.
I can write Word Wall words correctly.
I can print my letters correctly.
I can print my letters without reversals.
I can use the correct pencil grip.
I can write my letters neatly so others can read my story.
I can stay focused on my writing and build my stamina.
I can write a sentence that matches my picture.
I can write capital letters at the beginning of my sentence.
I can use capital letters at the right time.
I can use an ending mark at the end of a sentence.
I can use finger spaces between words.
I can think of ideas to describe the main idea of my story.
I can indent the first word in my story using two finger spaces.
I can write a topic sentence to introduce the main idea of my story.
I can use time order words to help my story move along.
I can write a closing sentence to remind my reader of the main idea.
I can write a proper paragraph.
I can write a story that sticks to one topic or main idea.
I can reread my story and look for missing words and correct mistakes.
I can stretch out each word and write down each sound I hear.
I can write longer words by breaking them up into chunks.
I can write longer words by listening for a base word inside.
There are several related resources with the Road Map for Writers. You can find them here:
Writing Goal Posters and Reward Tags with "I can" statements
On the Road to Proper Paragraph Writing
Writing Portfolio Cover, Dividers, Table of Contents and Spine
or the complete BUNDLE:
The Road Map to Writing Complete BUNDLE
Please visit my blog TheKFiles.com for additional resources and ideas!
From my home away from home…
The K Files