Give students valuable practice responding to ANY texts they read (or listen to) with these engaging charts, prompts, and more. Students will adore the beautiful pictures and the colored samples will be the perfect reference. (Zero prep for you!)
As a classroom teacher, I love having a variety of reading response sheets that can go with various types of texts including fiction & nonfiction books. I have included printables for your early learners and more advanced students. You will also find color and printer-friendly black & white versions of everything included! These sheets are also perfect to leave with your sub plans as they work for almost any texts read to them!
I have created this resource to be used in your writing centers to help students strengthen their writing skills throughout the year.
This resource is part of my FAVORITE INTERACTIVE WRITING CENTER on TPT, which you can view by clicking here:
Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
Once you have your center set up, you simply switch out the ready-made activities and samples on your bulletin board making it easy to always have your station in tip-top shape! Make sure to check out the video explanation and visit my blog to see pictures of this product in use in my classroom.
You can view a video
about this resource by clicking below:
(Skip to 4:!5 if you only want to hear about the interactive writing center!)
Organizing the Interactive Writing Center & More!
In this Reading Response resource, you will find:
• Colored samples of EVERY ACTIVITY (zero prep for you!)
• Colored & Printer-friendly Visual Aids
• Generic Writing Printables (Add the title, picture, and respond to the text.)
• My Favorite Part of the Story Response Page
• Story Maps
• Beginning-Middle-End Response Sheets
• Visualization Charts
• Digging for Details Prompts
• Same & Different Charts
• Connections Organizers
• Main Idea & Detail Webs
• Venn Diagrams
• Sequence Maps
• Every activity includes a chart or graph for whole class use!
(*If you own my TN Portfolio Resource, do not purchase this unless you would like the colored samples. Many of the pages are repeated in this set and it was made for teachers who do not live in TN.)
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails