Also included in
- Engage your middle and high school English students with this growing bundle of writing resources. It currently includes a framework lesson for writing (based on a student-friendly metaphor!), precise verb task cards, and an exercise for writing precise nouns (designed so that students avoid referrPrice $6.99Original Price $8.97Save $1.98
- Engage your late middle and high school English students with this growing bundle of writing resources. It currently includes precise verb task cards and an exercise for writing precise nouns (designed so that students avoid referring to textual evidence as "this quote"!).Precise Verb Task Cards:FrPrice $3.99Original Price $4.49Save $0.50
- This growing bundle of fall resources features back-to-school, Halloween, and Thanksgiving themed materials to support your high school English classes! This bundle currently includes:For Back-to-School:A framework for writing (The perfect resource for introducing middle school students to the procPrice $33.99Original Price $41.86Save $7.87
- This growing bundle of seasonal high school English lessons and activities currently features resources for back-to-school, Halloween, Thanksgiving, A Christmas Carol, New Year's, and Valentine's Day!This bundle currently includes:For Back-to-School:A framework for writing (The perfect resource forPrice $39.99Original Price $56.84Save $16.85
Frustrated by students randomly selecting verbs from those big lists of verbs when they write? Do students rely on the thesaurus too much?
Bewildered by a squirrel's act against our family’s pumpkin last fall, I took a picture of his destruction and turned it into a teachable moment about selecting the strongest verbs when writing. My students loved this example, so I created more.
These task cards help writers (grades 9-12) develop a sensitivity to the nuances of verbs through 12 examples (11 images and 1 quotation from the Gettysburg Address). Each example features an image/quotation and 5 or 6 verbs that students evaluate, ultimately selecting the most precise verb for the example. From my blog, learn more about a student's improvements with verbs following our work with these cards.
This resource includes:
- 12 engaging task cards with 75 precise verbs throughout them
- an answer key with explanations
- suggested questions for discussion
These task cards are easy to implement as mini-lessons during your next writing/editing session and generate great discussions!
The correct answers feature the following precise verbs: gouged, unfurling, singed, upholding, brandishing, stockpiled, scrutinizing, incentivizing, protecting, sprouting, descending, and memorialize.
Love DIGITAL ESCAPE ROOMS? This bundle is for you! Purchasing today allows your FREE access to all future digital escape rooms as they become available!
Looking for social distancing bulletin board ideas?
- Space Themed Posters for Social Distancing Classroom Poster Set Bulletin Board (5-star rated!)
- Author Themed Posters for Social Distancing Classroom Poster Set Bulletin Board (5-star rated!)
- Plant-Themed Poster for Classroom Social Distancing (Bulletin Board) (5-star rated!)
Thank you for visiting my store! Please follow me (by easily clicking HERE!) to receive freebies and updates about new products! New products are 50% OFF for the first 24 hours!
Your feedback is valuable to me! I would love to hear your feedback on this resource. Simply go to your "My Purchases" page where you will see a review button. Click on "Have you used this resource? If so, leave a review." Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Thank you so much!
© Innovative English Instruction