This is a two-week writing project for teaching a How-To writing piece. Included in this resource are:
1. 10 Writing mini lessons
2. 10 Detailed teacher instruction pages
3. 10 Mini lesson anchor chart examples
4. Students printable practice pages for every prewriting and first
draft lesson (great for assessment!)
5. Rough draft writing paper
6. Revising checklist (printable for student use)
7. Editing checklist (printable for student use)
8. A grading rubric specific to this writing project
9. Writing self-evaluation (printable for student use)
10. Writing conference form (printable for teacher use during
11. Themed final draft writing paper
The writing skills taught in this lesson include:
1. The writing process
2. Identifying audience
3. Brainstorming ideas
4. Choosing a topic
5. Organizing writing
6. Using transition words
7. Sentence variety
8. Adding illustrations
9. Sharing opinions
10. Author's Purpose
11. Adding/Removing Information
12. Revising Skills
13. Editing Skills
14. Publishing Skills
To see more download the FREE preview!
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.