Busy pictures are a way for students to get their imaginations engaged, build their vocabulary, and launch them into writing! The ants are up to so many things in their ant hill home! Kids can “walk around” in the picture and explore the rooms, imagine what they would do if they were an ant, or listen to what the ants are saying! What would YOU do if you lived in an anthill?
This picture is licensed for personal AND commercial use! As long as it is part of a larger product you are making, you are welcome to use it! You may not resell it as is.
Possibilities for your resource include:
• Have students identify parts of speech they can find in the picture: what nouns do you see? What are the characters doing (verbs)? Tell me the things that are over, under, or beside… The possibilities are endless!!
• Laminate for use in a writing center
• Independent or collaborative writing
• Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut into pieces (for instance, rectangles or puzzle pieces). Give each child one and have them write a description of what is happening on their piece or a story based on the part they have.
• Speaking or writing practice for ESL, speech, or special education students
* For personal, educational, and limited commercial use in educational resources by TpTers.
* Ownership of the image remains with Purple Caterpillar
* Must be part of a larger educational unit/resource and not resold as-is.
* No changes can be made to the art.
* Not to be used as clip art.
* Credit must be given to Purple Caterpillar.
This download contains one black and white and one full color PDF of the Ant Hill Home (2 PDFs).
A complete TOU and credit button is included in the download for your convenience.
© Purple Caterpillar 2017
PS… if you were climbing out of the hill, would you zip down the slide or take the stairs?