Writing Prompt Pictures: Tell this story...
This is a set of 20 engaging pictures. Each picture includes a story starter and a space to write. I use these pictures to help my students write creatively and to spark ideas. There are a few ways I use them that vary based on the time I have and my group of students from year to year.
1. As a quick starter at the beginning of writing. I have students add a few sentences and I have some students share their writing.
2. As a time filler at the end of writing. Students can pick up a story prompt and work on it after they finish their task for the day.
3. As a longer writing piece where they actually write a complete story.
4. As a shared writing with their writing partner.
5. To work on adding details to writing using the 5Ws (who, what, when, where, why).