This FREE package contains 28 task cards
with fun writing prompts for primary grades (1-5), a task card recording sheet and a task card response sheet.
All of the files have some color elements, but print fine in grayscale. I recommend laminating the cards or printing on cardstock so that your students can use them repeatedly.
The Writing Prompt Task Cards include four styles of prompts:
- Tell The Story (CCRA.W.3, CCRA.W.10)
- Take It From Here (CCRA.W.10)
- Use Plenty of Detail (CCRA.W.10)
- Make Your Case (CCRA.W.1, CCRA.W.10)
Tell the Story: Students write a story that fits the provided situation or quote
Take It From Here: Students write an open-ended response that begins with the provided text
Use Plenty of Detail: Students write a descriptive passage
Make Your Case: Students make a choice and support their opinion
****Please rate 4 STARS if you love this FREE product! Thanks!****
Meets the following Common Core Standards:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.1 Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, well-chosen details and well-structured event sequences.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.10 Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of tasks, purposes, and audiences.
PDF documents. Color. 10 pages. Single user license. Not for commercial use.
Check out my other products:
- Classroom Feud PowerPoint Template
- Classroom Jeopardy PowerPoint Template
- Wheel of Riches PowerPoint Template
- Millionaire PowerPoint Template
- Are You Smarter Than Your Teacher? PowerPoint Template
- Classroom Squares PowerPoint Template
- Connect4 PowerPoint Template
- Tic Tac Toe PowerPoint Template
- Battleship PowerPoint Template
- Baseball PowerPoint Template
by Best Teacher Resources
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License