These 30 writing prompts pages are great for writing centers! They can be used to create a writing journal.
There is also a page where the writing prompt is blank, so the students can write in their own writing prompts.
1. What is something you are afraid of? Why?
2. Compare and contrast two animals.
3. If you could have any animal or creature as a pet, what would it be? Why?
4. If you could live in a castle, what would it look like?
5. Who is your personal hero? Why?
6. If you were in outer space, what would you do? Why?
7. What is your favorite subject? Why?
8. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
9. What would you do if you had a time machine?
10. Write about a favorite toy you have had. What made that toy special?
11. If you could change one classroom rule, what would it be? Why?
12. Create your own sport. What would the rules be? Where and how would you play?
13. Write about a time you had to make a difficult decision.
14. If you won the lottery for one million dollars, what would you do with your winnings? Why?
15. What is your favorite season? Why?
16. Write about a time you were disappointed. What happened and how did you handle it?
17. What is your favorite sport? Why?
18. What is your favorite food? Why?
19. What do you think the world will be like 15 years from now?
20. Write about three goals you have for yourself. How will you accomplish them?
21. What is your greatest memory? Why?
22. What do you want to be when you grow up? Why?
23. What is a hobby of yours? Why do you enjoy it?
24. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
25. If you could invent a machine, what would it do?
26. Would you rather live underwater or in the clouds? Why?
27. If you were president for one day, what would you do?
28. What character would you want to be your best friend? Why?
29. If you could choose your next vacation, where would you go? Why?
30. (Blank prompt)