Also included in
- Daily writing practice for the Whole Year has 20 different printable writing mats for 10 months (that's 200 writing prompts) plus writing conventions posters to support writing instruction! Create a simple, easy-to prep writing center in your classroom with the perfect writing materials!Buy the bund$39.00$50.00Save $11.00
Writing Mats ~ Daily Writing Practice for October (fall, pumpkins, Halloween, school, and fall animal themed writing) has 20 different printable and digital writing prompt practice pages for the month of October. They are the PERFECT pack to get kids excited to write about Halloween and fall!
3 RESOURCES IN 1:
- PDF or PPT - Just open the PDF or PPT file and print!
- GOOGLE SLIDES / GOOGLE DRAWINGS - Assign each writing prompt in Google Slides, which includes an interactive writing checklist.
- SEESAW - Add an activity to Seesaw with the included images!
These are great for independent writing time, creative and story journal writing, writer's workshop, writing centers, small group instruction, homework, and morning work. All 20 of the writing mats cover a variety of seasonal and general topics. There are fiction and non-fiction writing topics included.
They build writing fluency through repeated writing frequently throughout the month. The large variety of engaging topics will keep your students interested and excited about writing!
⭐️Writing Mats are available in a BUNDLE for a DISCOUNT that includes Writing Conventions Checklists posters as a BONUS! Check it out HERE.⭐️
These printable writing activities include 3 variations for each topic. These are great for differentiation during your writing block!
- interlines with a sentence starter that needs to be traced.
- regular lines with a topic/title given.
- a blank page is included for drawing and writing with a title.
Students are given a picture-word list on each writing mat with related clip art to match the story starter and topic. There is a space to draw a picture with each story as well and the word list provides support in spelling.
There is a writing checklist at the bottom of each mat to help students remember what they need to include in their writing passage. They can review the items before writing, refer to it during, and color in the check marks after to show they have used the writing conventions. The digital version of this for Google Slides includes moveable checklist objects that kids can use to interact with the list after their writing is complete.
The writing mats are perfect for first grade, but could also be used for advanced writers in Kindergarten and for extra practice, as review, or independent work for second grade.
Look at the DETAILED PREVIEW for a look at the table of contents and the topics included, as well as a breakdown of what a Writing Mat looks like and how it can be used. The video preview shows examples of other Writing Mats in action.
**An additional set of Writing Mats are provided for Canadian users, which include Canadian spelling and content (if necessary).
6 ways to use Writing Mats in your classroom!
1. Print Writing Mats on card stock, laminate, and use with whiteboard markers in your literacy center!
2. Print Writing Mats and include them in your writing center for many choices!
3. Copy Writing Mats back to back with the cover page to create a daily writing journal!
4. Copy and put it into a folder. Use for morning work or fast finishers!
5. Use with Seesaw by uploading the image files included in this resource and assigning it to your class (instructions provided).
6. Use with your class in Google Classroom (instructions provided).
Upon purchase, you will be able to instantly download a ZIP file that includes a printable PDF, PPT files, details for using with Google, and images/instructions on how to use in Seesaw.
You can view all of my monthly mat products, as well as other months of Writing Mats HERE!
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft