This unit includes over thirty five writing prompts to celebrate the eco-friendly holiday, Earth Day!
- 35 Earth Day-themed writing prompts on cards for your Writing Center
- 35 Earth Day-themed writing prompts on a cut-out template to be glued into a student's Writer's Notebook (each page has one prompt ten times to make it easy to organize and save on copies!)
- 35 Earth Day-themed writing prompts on lined paper with minimal clip art (perfect for assessment or writing homework!)
- 1 EDITABLE prompt version of EACH of these templates for you to create your own prompt
- 1 publishing paper (Earth Day-themed, no prompt)
- 2 labels for bin, drawer, baggie, etc. to help keep prompts organized
- Ideas & Instructions page
**Download the PREVIEW to see the different formats! Great to practice a wide range of writing during this celebratory time.
**If you'd like to compile the lined pages into a Writing Journal, be sure to check our my *FREE* Journal Cover Pages here: http://3rd.gr/Covers_WP
This unit addresses the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons..
Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
*Use this pack in conjunction with my Word Work Centers: Earth Day, Every Day
(available at http://3rd.gr/EarthDay_WW
) for even more CCSS-aligned Word Work activities!
For more information, visit my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!