Writing Prompts Grade 1st graders - 3rd grade (All Year - 100 themes)
Also included in
- Looking for fun writing prompts to get your students excited about writing? Directed drawings are a fun addition to writing prompts 2nd grade. Students create their own writing prompts pictures by following simple directed drawings, then they use word banks to introduce new vocabulary to their writiPrice $24.50Original Price $37.00Save $12.50
- Looking for fun worksheets for 1st grade writing to get your students excited to learn? Mix drawing into your daily writing routine. Directed drawings are a fun addition to 1st grade writing sentences worksheets. Students know what to draw and write in their journals each day! Each write and draw inPrice $24.50Original Price $37.00Save $12.50
This bundle contains 100 themes for writing centres or whole class writing activities.
Question Companion: There are 3 question options to follow each theme. For most themes there is one option for students who prefer to write informational texts, and 2 options for fiction writing. There are 300 questions in total.
Sentence Prompts for the bat:
1. Write a spooky store about a bat.
2. Facts about bats, and what I still want to learn.
3. How the bat saved Halloween night.
Photo Companion: There are 3 photo options to inspire children's stories and artwork. Students love looking at pictures of nature and it allows them to examine in close detail and then transfer their observations into their drawings. There are 300 photos in total.
How I use them in my classroom:
I have 4 writing centres set up at once. Students rotate throughout the centres as the week progresses. Students start out by reading a simple article on the topic as a group. Once they return their article they pick up a tray that has the photos, question prompts, and directed drawing instruction (available on my tpt store) and head to a space to work. While students are independently writing, I work with the fifth group to focus on mini lessons on phonics, editing our writing, and sharing their work with each other. Students have enjoyed rotating each day and look forward to hearing what the new themes are.
Save with the Year Long Kindergarten Writing/Drawing Bundle! It includes all 100 writing and drawing prompts!
September-January: Students pick a word from the word bank to complete each sentence.
February-April: Seasonal fill in the blank poems
May-June/August: Fact sheets about animals where students find the correct word to complete facts about the animals.
Journal/Drawing Prompts Bundle K/1
Grade 1-3 Bundle is also available
Journal/Drawing Prompts Bundle Grades 1-3
If you have your own writing program and are just looking for the drawings, they are available on their own too!!!
Year Long Directed Drawing Pack
PROFESSEURS D’IMMERSION FRANÇAISE :
Mes produits sont disponibles en français !!!
Journals / Dessins Dirigés pour première à troisième année
Journals / Dessins Dirigés pour maternelle et première année
Connect with Me:
I would also LOVE to see how you use them in your classroom! Feel free to tag me or send me a message if you have any questions.
New products are posted at a discount for the first 48 hours! Follow me to know about sales and new product releases.