This first grade writing prompts packet includes narrative, informational, and opinion writing prompts on March topics, themes, and holidays.
This March packet includes 33 Common Core aligned writing prompts targeted to first grade students.
This Packet Includes
• Suggestions for Use
• Common Core Standards
• Writing Prompt-to-Standards Chart
• 11 Opinion Writing Prompts
• 11 Informative/Explanatory Writing Prompts
• 11 Narrative Writing Prompts
• 3 Rubrics
All 33 writing prompts are presented in three formats:
• Classroom Display Posters for whole group instruction
• Card Sized handouts for small groups or individuals
• Individual Sheets that include writing space
Common Core Standards aligned with packet:
• 1.L.1 a-j
• 1.L.2 a-e
Thanks and enjoy!
Note: These writing prompt packs are available for grades 1-5. However, if you teach multiple grade levels, I recommend purchasing just one grade level and making modifications as necessary. Due to the parallels in text types and writing standards, many grade level packs have similar content.
1st Grade Common Core Writing Prompts Year-Long Mega Bundle
1st Grade Common Core Writing Prompts: September, October, November
1st Grade Common Core Writing Prompts: December, January, February
1st Grade Common Core Writing Prompts: March, April, May
1st Grade Common Core Writing Prompts: June, July, August
1st Grade Common Core Writing Prompts Monthly Packets
Other Grade Levels
2nd Grade Common Core Writing Prompts
3rd Grade Common Core Writing Prompts
4th Grade Common Core Writing Prompts
5th Grade Common Core Writing Prompts
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.