What child doesn't enjoy stories by Eric Carle? Here you will find five writing activities / prompts for students in grades two through four. Included:
1. What Will I Become?: After reading THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR, students create a their own story about a frog as he moves through his life cycle.
2. The Lonely Firefly: After reading THE LONELY FIREFLY, students write why they feel it is important to be accepted as a part of a group.
3. I Wonder Why?: After reading a favorite Eric Carle book, students finish the question "I wonder why Mr. Carle...?" The students then write what they think the answer to that question might be.
4. Venn Diagram: Students choose two favorite Eric Carle titles and compare and contrast them using a Venn Diagram.
5. The Grouchy Ladybug's Day: After reading THE GROUCHY LADYBUG, students complete the chart showing what the Grouchy Ladybug did each hour of the day. They then indicate if that action was disrespectful or respectful.