- Cinderella Readers' Theater Fractured Fairy Tale Script & Unit Activities: "Cinder...Really? The TRUE Story of Cinderella"This readers' theater literacy toolkit includes the following:>"Cinder...Really?": 6-page script for 6-10 readers (also available as a script-only FREE DOWNLOAD)>Sound
- Jack & the Beanstalk Readers' Theater Fractured Fairy Tale: "Jack & the Cornstalk"This readers' theater literacy toolkit includes:>"Jack & the Cornstalk": 6-page script for 5-8 readers>Sound Effects: Cue Cards>Vocabulary: Word Work activity>Fairy Tales Compare & Contrast
- Little Red Riding Hood Readers' Theater Fractured Fairy Tale: "Little Red Boxer Shorts"This readers' theater literacy toolkit includes:>"Little Red Boxer Shorts": 5-page script for 4-7 readers>Sound Effects: Cue Cards>Vocabulary: Word Work activity>Fairy Tales Compare & Contrast grap
- The Princess & the Pea Readers' Theater Fractured Fairy Tale: "The Princess & the Potato"This readers' theater literacy toolkit includes the following:>"The Princess & the Potato": 6-page script for 4-7 readers>Sound Effects: Cue Cards>Vocabulary: Word Work activity>Fairy Tal
- NEW BONUS ~ DISTANCE LEARNING PACKETS! The fractured fairy tales portion of the Double-Bonus Bundle has been expanded with four bonus 16-page student packets to accommodate distance learning. Along with the fractured fairy tale readers' theater scripts, the scripts have now been rewritten into story$30.00$19.60Save $10.40
- Bundle Description
Fractured Fairy Tales Bundle ~ REVISED & EXPANDED with DISTANCE LEARNING PACKETS ~ The original 142-page Bonus Bundle of fractured fairy tales has been expanded with four bonus 16-page distance learning packets. (Each packet is a standalone PDF file that can be sent to students electronically.) Along with the fractured fairy tale readers' theater scripts for grades 3, 4, 5, and 6, the scripts have now been rewritten into story format and placed with their accompanying activities into the separate student packets. The distance learning activities cover both reading comprehension and writing and can be completed by students individually.
Each student packet includes a 6-page fractured fairy tale with boxes for student-created illustrations. Other pages include a vocabulary graphic organizer, a compare-and-contrast graphic organizer, a comparing with similes activity, information on the fairy tale genre, information on how to create fractured fairy tales, and an accompanying write-your-own-fractured-fairy-tale writing activity.
The original contents of the bundle still includes the following products:
>Jack & the Beanstalk becomes . . . JACK & THE CORNSTALK (5-8 readers)
>Little Red Riding Hood becomes . . . LITTLE RED BOXER SHORTS (4-7 readers)
>The Princess & the Pea becomes . . . THE PRINCESS & THE POTATO (4-7 readers)
>21-page packet of bundle-exclusive FRACTURED FAIRY TALES BONUS RESOURCES (along with the four separate 16-page STUDENT PACKETS)
Not only do you get the four fairy tale readers' theater scripts (along with sound-effect cue cards for audience participation!), but the bundle also includes the following resources to help build a fractured fairy tale unit or folklore unit:
>Vocabulary: Word Work activity for each script (with answer key)
>Fractured Fairy Tales Compare and Contrast graphic organizer activity (with answer key) for each traditional v. fractured fairy tale (e.g., Cinderella v. Cinder...Really?)
>Comparing with Similes figurative language activity for each script (with answer key)
>Ten Traits of Fairy Tales: 1-page factsheet highlights key aspects that help set fairy tales apart from other stories in the folklore genre
>Leveled Reading Lists: Leveled booklist of high-interest retellings for each of the fairy tales
>Writers' Workshop Extension Activity: Activity to guide students in fractured fairy tales writing and revising
>Performance Tickets: Easy-to-prep tickets can be used to invite parents, the principal, and others to your students' readers' theater performance
>Weekly Practice Checklist: 5-day framework to guide students' day-by-day readers' theater fluency practice
Additional resources include highlights of applicable Common Core State Standards, a basic overview of readers' theater, and a list of tips and tricks for readers' theater success.
The fractured fairy tales activities are perfect for third-grade, fourth-grade, fifth-grade, and sixth-grade students. They can also be used for second-grade gifted-and-talented students in need of a challenge.
All products are in PDF format.
* * * * * * * * * *
Want even MORE fractured fairy tales drama? Check out FRACTURED FAIRY TALES BONUS BUNDLE ~ SERIES 2!