Realistic fiction writer's workshop unit for your first and second graders!
Looking for more writing resources?! You can find ALL my writing resources for a fraction of the price here in my FIRST GRADE WRITING - EVERGROWING BUNDLE!
This unit has students digging deeper into the writer's workshop process as they expand on characters, add problems and solutions, and come up with satisfying endings to their stories!
In this unit:
- How to get started: background and preparation
- In my classroom
- Daily paper options
- Mini-lessons and activities for each of the following:
1. Realistic fiction vs. fantasy
2. It starts with a character
3. Storytelling and sketching
4. Characters think & feel
5. Stories need a problem & a solution
6. Don’t leave us hanging (adding a satisfying ending)
7. Characters can have lots of stories
- Anchor charts and re-teaching activities for the above mini-lessons
- Editing and revision checklists (individual and partner)
- Publishing book template