Also included in
- This bundle includes 6 resources that teach your students how to do various types of writing, how to organize information that will be used for writing, how to cite sources of writing for a bibliography, and how to edit writing. The 7th resource offers several rubrics and checklists you can use to$25.00$31.50Save $6.50
Here are 7 checklists and rubrics for a wide variety of writing tasks! You can use all of them not just for writing assignments in Language Arts/English classes but to assess writing tasks in Social Studies, Science, Math, and other subject classes as well. They have been used successfully for peer editing, formative assessment and summative assessment purposes and will save you time grading students' work since you won't have to create your own evaluation tools from scratch.
* Two of the rubrics are all-purpose writing rubrics you can use for a wide variety of writing tasks. These 2 rubrics can be purchased together in a smaller resource if you prefer; you can find them HERE.
* This collection of 7 rubrics and checklists is also available in a big bundle with 7 writing-themed resources at a savings of 20% off the cost of each individual product; you can find it HERE.
Resource at a Glance:
The criteria used to assess 7 different types of writing.
All students, including English Language Learners at intermediate and higher levels of language proficiency.
The assessments just need to be printed out and photocopied so they save teachers’ time; by sharing the checklists and rubrics with students before they start writing, students will know how their work will be evaluated.
What educators who have used this resource say about it:
♥ "Great resource." -- Daisy T.
♥ "Wonderful! Simple to use and understand!" -- Morgan S.
This collection of 7 rubrics and checklists can be used to assess a wide variety of student work. Both you and your students can use them to evaluate their writing. They work equally well as formative and summative assessment tools.
For maximum flexibility, each checklist and rubric comes in more than 1 version:
* The checklists come in 2 versions: one that is pre-made with all the criteria already filled in and another version where you can decide for yourself how many points each item should be worth.
* 4 rubrics are available in number-based and standards-based versions and also come in pre-made and "fill-in-the-points-yourself" versions, so there are 4 versions for these rubrics.
* The 5th rubric comes in 2 versions: standards-based and number-based because it focuses on form instead of content -- it evaluates, among other things, how well a student writes a topic sentence and the kind of vocabulary used. This rubric is especially useful when assessing ELLs' writing.
Directions for converting the number-based rubrics to a letter grade are provided. If you work in a Common Core state, the CC ELA Writing and Language standards that are addressed by these assessment tools are listed on a separate page for your convenience. Every checklist and rubric is offered in color and black-and-white versions in this product.
Take back some afternoon and weekend time by using these ready-made checklists and rubrics to grade your students' writing assignments!
What you get in this product:
★ Table of contents for quick reference (1 page)
★ A Notes to the Teacher section with background information (2 pages)
★ A list of ELA Common Core standards this resource helps address (1 page)
★ Checklist for Comic Life projects (2 color & 2 black-and-white pages, for a total of 4 pages)
★ Checklist for a compare-and-contrast essay (2 color & 2 black-and-white pages, for a total of 4 pages)
★ General writing task rubric #1 (2 color & 2 black-and-white pages, for a total of 4 pages)
★ General writing task rubric #2 (4 color and 4 black-and-white pages, for a total of 8 pages)
★ Poetry rubric (4 color and 4 black-and-white pages, for a total of 8 pages)
★ Digital poster rubric (4 color and 4 black-and-white pages, for a total of 8 pages)
★ Rubric for 3-D folded paper projects (4 color and 4 black-and-white pages, for a total of 8 pages)
You may also be interested in these other writing products:
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the green star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards or WIDA ELD standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS or WIDA standards.