This scope and sequence was designed to save you HOURS of planning time...FOR YOUR ENTIRE YEAR! It is over 65 pages of Writing lesson plans and notes!! Already have a scope from your district? You can still use this document as a pacing guide!!
I have included ALL Texas 5th grade Writing TEKS!! Although CCSS are not included, all skills covered correlate with things that you want your kids to know and do when it comes to writing.
**YOU WILL NEED FUN SIZE ACADEMIC WRITING BY GRETCHEN BERNABEI IN ORDER TO COMPLETELY FOLLOW THIS SCOPE & SEQUENCE**
**NOTE: I have updated this scope to reflect the 2018-2019 school year. The new TEKS are NOT included since those do not go into full effect until next school year. There are TEKS correlation documents available online for free to show how they are changing.
1. Unit overview page for each unit
*number of weeks
2. Notes for the teacher
*tips for implementation
*page numbers for lessons and mentor texts
3. Calendar (color and black & white versions<--NEW) with daily activities for 36 weeks (through the end of May)
4. Pages with student samples and pictures of work, games, and anchor charts
5. Links to helpful websites, blog posts, and videos to help you and your students understand these strategies even better. *NEW*
6. Additional resource pages where you can find all lessons and mentor texts
7. Year At a Glance document *NEW*
The layout is completely new, too! I used a more streamlined approach, with cleaner and easier-to-read fonts.
I appreciate your feedback! And if you ever have questions, my email is listed in the back of this resource. I'm always ready to help in any way that I can!!
You can also visit my blog, www.texasteachingfanatic.com, to see how these lessons are implemented in my room, along with tons of pictures of lessons in action and sample pages from my kiddos!
Other products you may like:
Daily Writing Review
Narrative and Expository Scoring Rubrics
Revising and Editing Task Cards
Combining Sentences Game