This printable writing sheet was created to allow students to visualize and work towards their writing goals and success criteria. Each photo at the top of the page symbolizes a specific success criteria.
Included criteria on this writing sheet are as follows:
· Creating a detailed picture, including many different shapes and colours
· Does my writing make sense? Do the picture and writing correlate? Does the subject match the writing prompt?
· Stretching out all sounds heard in each word, including the beginning, middle and ending sounds
· Using finger spaces between words
· Starting each sentence with an uppercase letter, while using lowercase for all subsequent letters
· Including and using appropriate punctuation marks
· Using classroom tools and resources to write words (word wall, personal
· Adding more detail
When a student has completed their work, the success criteria is evaluated with both teacher and student. Asking the student what they think they did well, and what they need to work on.
A green check mark is placed beside the item they did well, and a blue arrow pointing up is placed beside the item they still need to remember or work towards.