Many students enjoy the freedom of telling stories. Help your students share their creativity in the classroom with this short story writing guide.
This guide includes:
1. NEW Table of Contents
2. Teacher guide for discussing short story requirements
3. Outline / Suggestions for Teaching
4. Calendar guide for teaching
5. Six Traits of Writing Handout
6. Elements of Plot handout (for student and teacher)
7. Brainstorming ideas to get started
8. Synonyms for Avoiding the Word "Said" in Dialogue
9. Sensory Language Examples from Well-known novels
10. Outline for Organizing Story Ideas
11. Peer review checklist
12. Two Different Rubrics for Ease of Grading
Following this guide will provide the structure students need to improve their writing. Enjoy!