I LOVE TO WRITE! ~ Story Starters & Writing Pages for Beginning Writers
I wanted to create a writing center in my classroom that was effective, but did not take up a lot of space. This story starter writing packet helped me accomplish just that!
This 41-page story starter writing packet includes:
· 3 writing pages which ask the students to choose a picture of a character on the page, answer some short questions about the character (to get them thinking), and then write an interesting story using that information. The students may draw a picture to go along with their story on the back of the page.
· 2 writing pages that ask the students to choose a picture of a character and a setting on the page, and write a creative story. The students may draw a picture to go along with their story on the back of the page.
· 10 writing pages that include a picture and story starter which requires the students to write a title and a creative story. You may want the students to draw a picture on the back of the page as well.
· 2 writing pages (without story starters) to be used during free writing time.
· 24 writing pages with 6 different story starters on each page (144 story starters in all!), allowing your students to choose which starter they would like to use to create their story on that particular day. You may decide to use the same set of story starters for a week, allowing the children to choose a different story starter from the page each day (with one story starter unused), or you may decide that one or two story starters may be appropriate for your class. Just be sure to print enough copies for the children to use throughout the week.
I hope your class enjoys this as much as my class does. It is pretty amazing how creative these young writers can be!
Learning With A Smile