Are you looking for a way to make your “Writing Workshop” or “Writing Groups” fun, yet educational for your students? I have your answer! I have developed my “Writing Wonders Program” where each writing character teaches a certain writing traits and gives in class and at-home activities to help practice this certain writing skill!
I have developed each writing character to help type of learner that is in your classroom! I teach writing according to meeting the needs and enhancing the strengths of each type of writer in the “Stages of Writing Development.” This allows you to teach a certain skill in class with developmentally appropriate skills and activities that can be extended to at-home practice.
Included in this packet are over thirty (30) notes to send home to parents to inform them of:
• Their child’s “Stage of Writing Development”
• What they are learning in “Writing Group”
• What activities you are teaching their child in “Writing Group”
• What writing skill that their child is learning
• Ways to help teach their child at home
Example of Writing Wonder Characters Include:
• Take your Time Timmy
• Listen for Sound Sarah
• Learn Letter Sound Lizzie
• Stretch Out a Word S-a-l-l-y
Let these characters come to life in your classroom and extend into your students homes to allow each and every child to continue to learn and grow in writing!