WRITING TASKS To IMPROVE ALL CC SKILLS – SET FIVE – FRIGHT FEST! HALLOWEEN And Unexplained Phenomenon
- is part of our WRITE ALL YEAR SERIES. These Skills-BASED Writing Tasks cards are student centered. They allow for OVER 7 weeks of writing opportunities, all in a nifty Task Card package.Great for October, Halloween, or anytime you'd like to add some critical thinking about the otherworldly to your classroom!
These “Writing Tasks to Improve all CC Skills” SET FIVE Cards INCLUDE: VARIED ESSAY, WRITING, RESEARCH, NOTATION, and even CREATIVE TASKS for well-rounded students.
Practice makes perfect! This resource - SET FIVE – FRIGHT FEST – is more mature than your typical Halloween items which make it perfect for older grades.
. As a result, students will find wonderful opportunities to learn about Mary Shelley, Dia de los Muertos, the origins of Halloween, the bizarre true story of the “Poe Toaster” who visited Edgar Allan Poe’s grave for decades, the history of the groundbreaking Twilight Zone series, and many other fascinating, historical, otherworldly, and arcane tidbits to research and write about.
Ideal for GRADES 8-12. Suitable for grades 6 and 7!
PLEASE see our PREVIEW for Pictures and Samples of the full product!!
WHAT WE LOVE!
• Our SET FIVE Cards address an ENTIRE RANGE of WRITING FORMS that students are required to master at the grade 8-12 level. This Set as a whole explores the outer reaches of possibility. Our fears, imagination, and more….but uses the set common core tasks you've come to love.
• Can be practiced in brief spurts – use daily or as you see fit! Great for “Do Now”, Quick Writes, Morning Work, or Early Finishers.
• Great for a complete writing portfolio, peer edit and workshop opportunities and more.
• SET FIVE THEME: FRIGHT FEST! And otherworldly phenomenon has at least 40 completely unique writing tasks. Please note that to enhance student enjoyment, we purposely include two prompts on each card to give students a CHOICE. We then repeat these two prompts on the next card, so students can do the prompt not done the first time. This is done ON PURPOSE to ensure all students do all prompts should you choose to grade them.
• SET FIVE THEME: FRIGHT FEST!: includes UNIQUE and interesting information trivia at the top of every single card. This keeps students engaged with the material!
• Each of our sets has a different theme, so students’ writing keeps improving – but the topics stay fresh for an entire year!
• Fully student centered, and makes your life much easier. Each task card is easy to understand for the student. Just print and go!
• ALWAYS in full color, AND in Black and White! You print the pages you need!
• INCLUDES: a great “keep track” chart so students know exactly how many tasks they have accomplished; USE IDEAS for you; ONE PAGE of cards with lines (just in case students want to write their own) PLUS a free gift for the students.
1. WRITE PARAGRAPHS AND/OR BRIEF ESSAYS:
• Process, Explanatory, or How-to;
• Personal or narrative;
2. Practice Reading, Conducting brief research, Finding and Noting Sources
3. Write Creatively(poem, story, other)
4. Practice Varied Forms: poems; monologue/speech; Critical Thinking lists; schedules/itinerary; letter with a specific goal and audience in mind; Posters, Brochures that require facts and statistics, MORE.
If You Would like your students to “WRITE ALL YEAR!” with some of our other sets in the series “Writing Task Cards to Improve all CC SKILLS” please click on our links below!:
Writing Tasks to Improve ALL CC SKILLS – SET ONE - WACKY Themes Grades 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Writing Tasks to Improve CC SKILLS – SET TWO LITERARY Themes Grades 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Writing Tasks to Improve CC SKILLS – SET THREE – Grades 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 World Issues
Writing Tasks to Improve CC SKILLS – SET FOUR – Gr. 8 9 10 11 12 – U.S. PRIDE!
If you would like your students to Take it to the next level with a peer edit or workshop so that some of these creations may be fully realized works, please consider one of the following!:
Complete Writers Workshop Grades 6-8-10-12. An 8-Day Common Core Unit.
. Students actually learn the proper way to give and receive feedback…and they ONLY IMPROVE as the year progresses. With the “formula” that this resource provides, your students will be engaged and will love workshop.
Peer Edit Starter Kit for ANY Writing Topic – Grades 6 – 12
. The facts, Ma’am, only the facts….and just the most important printables you’ll use over and over for peer and self-edits! We even included a great proofreading sheet!
PerfettoWritingRoom Editing and Assessment Category Page!
. See all of our peer edit, workshop or self-assessment products in brief for yourself!
Get TPT credit to use on ANY of Your future purchases!
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the STAR
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Would you like to SELL on TPT?
• If you feel you have something to share with other teachers. . .
• Sign on to be a Teachers Pay Teachers seller.
• Click on to my referral link. I enjoy helping others learn the ropes.
• You can begin here: Sign Me up to TPT with PerfettoWritingRoom as a Coach!