This resource is comprised of three parts:
1. Middle School Writing Prompt Task Cards for Argument, Narrative & Informative Writing + Research and Writing Skills
2. Self-Peer-Teacher Editing Checklists for Argument, Narrative & Informative Writing (CCSS Aligned)
***Available as a separate download here***
3. Task Card List and Teacher Checklist (CCSS Aligned)
ABOUT THE TASK CARDS:
- Suitable for grades 6 - 8
- Literal, inferential, real-world and personal connection, language, collaborative, and creative questions
- Common core aligned
- Fun, playing card theme
- 4 categories: argument writing, informative writing; narrative writing; research & skills
- 14 cards per category (56 questions in total)
- JOKER card for each topic offers a creative task
- Task-recording document included
- Self-Peer-Teacher Editing Checklists included for each writing genre
- Card backs and divider cards included
**How to use this resource**
- Cut out and laminate cards (print double-sided with the backs on page 19 for a professional look).
- Fasten categories together with a ring, or keep cards in a dedicated box. Alternatively, have students cut and glue the task into their notebooks.
- Assign students a number, time, and standard at which to complete the tasks. With so many questions, it may not be feasible for them to complete every task. You may wish to assign them a given number of tasks (their choice) per per teaching period, with the goal of answering all tasks by the end of the semester or year.
- Be sure to utilize the Self-Peer-Teacher Editing Checklists that come with this package
***How about some more great task cards?***
Spotty background/ wallpaper credits:
© Graphics Created by Teacher Joe The Clip Art Graphics Guy
AUSTRALIANS! ALSO GOOD FOR NAPLAN IMAGINATION, INFORMATION AND ARGUMENT WRITING FOR YEARS 5,7,9.