Task cards are the perfect tool for English Language Arts review, literacy centers, and whole group activities. The Personal Narrative Task Cards will help students reflect on their writing to ensure it is rich in details, follows a story structure, and provides readers with a valuable lesson or insight. The Task Cards ask the students to reflect on their narrative drafts, examine mentor texts, and incorporate peers' feedback to enrich their craft.
The cards examine the following narrative elements:
- Setting and Leads – Cards 1-4
- Story Structure - Cards 5-8
- Characterization - Cards 9-12
- Theme and Satisfying Endings - Cards 13-16
Included: in this resource:
- Suggested ways to use the Task Cards in the classroom
- Tenets of narrative writing
- 16 task cards (which can be printed in colour or black and white)
- Student Recording sheet
Thank you for your interest in my product!
Check out my other resources:
Building A Reading Life