Your task is to write a speech about someone who inspires you for a class forum.
Your speech can be about:
• A relative- eg. Mum, Dad, Poppy or Aunty
• Members of the community-eg teachers, police officers and social workers
Who is it that inspires you? Background information about them including; when and where were they born, parents and siblings, and schooling.
(Each dot point is a separate paragraph)
- What obstacles have they had to over come in their life? (Eg- sickness, family circumstances, moving frequently, disability, and bullying)
- What are their achievements? (eg helping raise a family, completing marathons, Olympic medallist, or completing school and getting a job despite hurdles in their life that could have stopped them.)
- What about this person inspires you? How do their actions make you feel?
- What qualities do they have that you admire and would like to one day have? (eg determination, kindness, leadership, loving)
- Summary sentences wrapping up key points.