Prepare your students for their standardized test by reviewing these essential writing skills. In this download you will receive
1. How to Understand a Writing Prompt
which contains 1 handout, 1 graphic organizer, 1 sheet reviewing writing prompt verbs, and 2 examples and 2 practice prompts.
2. How to Restate the Question
which contains a print out and practice task cards for restating the question.
3. How to Write a Short Answer Response
which contains a handout for the students, a graphic organizer, 2 original passages with practice questions, and a “find your match” game.
4. How to Write a Constructed Response
which contains one handout for the students, one graphic organizer to be used with any constructed response, one original text with practice questions, and one pre-made example for the class.
5. A review and step-by-step instruction sheet on how to effectively and quickly brainstorm and plan for an essay during a test
6. Review your state or districts writing standards with a single lesson using your district or state’s rubric and sample student writing. Students become the graders and evaluate writing samples. Hot links are provided for writing that is grade level appropriate.
Thank you and Enjoy!