1. This format can be used to help students generate information about a specific topic.
2. Students brainstorm about the topic and draw all their ideas about the topic.
3. Drawings do not have to be detailed; they are used for students to move through the thought process.
4. Drawings do not have to be clear to the reader; this is part of the students planning process.
5. Drawings are used to remind students of what they want to write about.
6. Each drawing rectangle can be split into three or four sections and numbered to help student keep their thought process in the order that it happened or the order they want to tell their story.