Author's Purpose Literacy Center, Audience and Purpose, Writing
Receive 2 Writing Work for Big Kids Resources for FREE by purchasing the bundle here:
Writing Work for Big Kids Bundle
This resource contains printables for writers to practice understanding their audience and purpose for writing, including:
1. To Inform
2. To Persuade
3. To Entertain
4. Purpose: Why am I Writing This?
5. Audience: Who Will Read This?
6. Audience and Language
7. Audience and Themes
8. Audience and Purpose
9. Audience: 5 Senses
10. The 4 Purposes of Writing
11. What Matters to My Audience
12. Finding an Audience
13. A Writer’s Passion
These pages are great for big kids to practice thinking more deeply about their audiences and purposes for writing.
The printable pages in this resource can be used in several ways, including:
* As daily morning work to review writing work skills
* During guided writing small groups
* During independent writing time or centers
* To work with partners and small groups
* As an assessment for teachers to monitor students’ writing abilities
* As homework review sheets
* As a quick and fun 10 minute time filler.
* As ‘when you’re finished’ additional work for students
* To use with substitute teachers
To see other Writing Work for Big Kids click on the link below:
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.