Writing Prompts in Literacy Centers, Writing Prompts
Receive 2 Writing Work for Big Kids Resources for FREE by purchasing the bundle here:
Writing Work for Big Kids Bundle
This resource includes 10 writing prompts in two different formats. It also includes two lined writing pages. These prompts are great because they help young writers:
* Develop ideas
* Discover writing territories
* Practice a variety of prewriting formats (making lists, sketching, making timelines, top tens)
* Explore topics more deeply
* Write about what really matters to them
Organize writing ideas
These pages are great for big kids to practice the prewriting and rough draft stages of the writing process
The printable pages in this resource can be used in several ways, including:
* As daily morning work to practice writing skills
* During guided writing small groups
* During independent writing time or centers
* To work with partners and small groups
* As an assessment for teachers to monitor students’ writing abilities
* As homework sheets
* As a quick and fun 10 minute time filler.
* As ‘when you’re finished’ additional work for students
* To use with substitute teachers
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.