New to Writing Workshop? Confused by some of the Writing Workshop terms? Those of us who teach Writing Workshop have our own way of talking about writing instruction. And… to those of us who teach Writing Workshop it makes perfect sense, but to someone new to Writing Workshop these terms can be a little overwhelming. This resource is ideal for teachers teaching writing using the Writing Workshop Model.
This Glossary of Writing Workshop Terms is a handy little go-to reference to support your efficacy with Writing Workshop terminology as you develop your understanding of the terms and the writing workshop practice.
Spoiler alert- these are not official “researched-based” definitions nor did they come from some literacy search engine data base. And honestly, there are probably others who may use these words entirely differently. But these are the words I find myself using frequently during Workshop instruction based on my own experience as a teacher, coach, consultant, staff developer and author.
Included in this resource are the “what” and “why” of Writing Workshop Terms
• Mini Lesson Components Terminology
• Mini Lesson Methods Terminology
• Writing Workshop Components Terminology
• Writing Workshop Procedures Terminology
• Commonly Used Writing Workshop Resources Terminology
• Literacy Anchor Chart Terminology
• Blank glossary template for adding additional terms
• Note paper for planning
Happy Writing! Pure Literacy LLC