This lesson is a great way to introduce Writing Workshop to your students! The lesson begins with a read aloud, "Author A True Story," which opens up a great discussion of what an author is. Students then begin to set up their Writer's Notebook, the first step of becoming an author!
This product includes:
1. Lesson & Lesson Write Up (Hook, Minilesson, Guided Activity, Independent Writing, Author's Chair)
2. Writer's Notebook Set Up Pages:
-My Dictionary - is glued on the first few pages
-My Writing Toolbox - is glued to the last page (toolbox works from the back-forward)
-My Writing Conferences – is stapled to the back cover on the inside
-Editable Notebook Labels
3. Mentor Text Sign (color)
4. Author's Chair- "Star & a Wish" Poster (color)
5. Peer Conference Fill In Sheets
6. Revising & Editing Checklists
This product can be found in my bundled unit:
"You're An Author: Setting Up Concepts & Routines"
Want more? Check out the following products in my store:
"Writing Workshop: Teaching the Writing Process and 6 Traits- A Common Core Tool"
"Writing Workshop: What Is a Paragraph? - An Introduction or Review Minilesson"
"Writing Workshop: Brainstorming Lessons, Idea Hearts, & Memory Maps"