This writing tool acts as a word wall, an editing check list, and a great visual reminder of the 6 traits of writing. It can be used as a resource for writer workshops or on desks during writing time. Best of all, because it has so much valuable information, it allows the kids to feel successful. They are able to correctly spell more words, use an impressive vocabulary, and edit their work, just like real authors.
I have one for each student and because they fold flat, they are easily stored in their desks. Last year my students started calling them bubbles and the name stuck! My kids love "going into their bubbles" because besides just being a great resource, they also help block out distractions. My students also use them during tests as privacy shields.
The office include 8 resources:
1. Writing strategies-- supplies tips for what to do when they want to write a word they can't spell.
2. I can use proper punctuation- reminds the kids when to use each type of punctuation
3. Word wall-- allows commonly used words to be displayed on their desk during writing to eliminate frustration and help develop accuracy in their writing.
4. Things to remember-- gives the student 8 important tips and acts as a checklist before, during, and after writing
5. Words that sizzle-- supplies fancy synonyms for 6 commonly used "boring" words to help the kids develop a more advanced writing vocabulary.
6. My purpose for writing-- reminds the kids of the three main reasons people write-- to inform, entertain, and persuade. This helps them learn to focus their writing and set a goal before beginning.
7. Great writing has...-- reminds the kids of the 6 traits of writing and can act as a checklist during revisions.
8. I'm an expert on...--gives the kids 8 topics that they are the expert on, these can be used when they say "I don't know what to write about!"
You may also like the math versions!
Click here for K-2 math skills!
Click here for 3rd-5th math skills!
Thanks for visiting!