Also included in
- Journalism teaching bundle: This introduction to journalism bundle will give you everything you need to get your journalism students started on the right foot! From news writing to the inverted pyramid, this bundle has it all!This bundle includes:- Four editable PowerPoint Presentations (The AnatomyPrice $20.00Original Price $22.74Save $2.74
- Make teaching journalism and advising the school newspaper a breeze with this journalism curriculum! This journalism curriculum has everything you need to get your journalism students started on the right foot and working on a successful newspaper -whether you publish in print or digitally! From leaPrice $45.00Original Price $66.49Save $21.49
Help your journalism students learn how to write an efficient and captivating news lead, also called a lede, with this journalism unit all about writing a lead! This journalism teaching unit includes a presentation for direct instruction and digital news story assignments that can be used again and again all year long in journalism class.
Help your journalism students to learn what makes an effective news lead, how to identify the key elements within a news lead, and how to write a news lead with this teaching unit. Students will explore the 5Ws and H, and begin to write more journalistically!
This journalism unit includes the following items:
- an editable, 10-slide presentation for direct instruction
- news lead sketch notes to help improve student understanding
- news lead inverted pyramid graphic organizer
- news lead graphic organizer for their own stories
- a news lead assignment for understanding news stories
Your students' journalistic writing will improve exponentially after completing the instruction and assignments in this unit. Say goodbye to essay-style story introductions that don't get to the facts of the story, and say hello to effective news leads that report the most important facts in the first two sentences!
You may also like…
* Make sure you click the "follow" button next to my picture so you don’t miss out on sales and new resources
* Please provide feedback on this resource. Doing so will help you earn TPT credits that you can apply toward future purchases! It’s like FREE TPT cash!
© The Daring English Teacher, Inc.
All rights reserved. License good for single-classroom use only.