If you are like me, you want/need to teach your students the writing
process; however, it seems like a very daunting task! I found the
traffic paragraph method and ran with it! I LOVED it and so did
my students. I haven't looked back. These are all activities tried in my classroom and have been effective. I place the posters in a line hanging from my wall. I place the student’s names on clothes pins to make it easy to see where they are at in the writing process.
This bundle has everything you need to create a traffic light paragraph with your students. You just supply the construction paper. Interactive Notebook Template your students are sure to love! Posters to guide instruction along the way! Mini-Posters included for easy cut and paste into a notebook! Rubric for easy grading. (Rubric for students and for the teacher!) Mini-Pages of the Writing a Paragraph pages for easy cut and paste into a notebook. You will love this for your writing!
Aligns with Common Core and Indiana State Standards!
- Writing Process Posters
- Multiple styles of posters for a traffic light paragraph
- Detailed poster on the steps to complete a paragraph.
- Graphic organizer with and without lines to help with the pre-write step
- Blank traffic light where students can color in the colors and write the details next to the light!
- Pre-write printable
- Example of how to complete a final piece
- Interactive Template for Notebooks
- Posters for each step of the writing process
- Mini-Posters for Notebooks
- Mini- Pages of How to Write a Paragraph for Notebooks
- Rubrics for students and teacher
-Checklist Poster and Mini Checklist for Notebooks
- Publishing Pages
- Prewrite Pages
- Transition Words Display
- Picture Writing Center (10 Picture Cards with Writing Stationary)
- Added Black/White copies of the posters for easy printing.
Primary and Regular Lines Included!
Your students will love writing using this method!
Create many more writing learning opportunities in your classroom by using these engaging activities:
⭐ Back to School Writing Activity Pop Up Book
⭐ Christmas Around the World Ornament Writing Project
⭐ Earth Day Writing Activity Pop Up Book
⭐ Easter Writing Activities
⭐ Fall Scarecrow Writing Activity
⭐ Halloween Writing Center
⭐ Mother's Day Writing Activity
⭐ New Year Writing Activity
⭐ Poetry Notebook Activities
⭐ Spring Writing Activity
⭐ Thanksgiving Writing
⭐ Winter Writing Activities
⭐ Winter Writing Reindeer and More