Two Column Proofs in High School Geometry : Interactive "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- big idea: going from the given to the goal
- how to justify steps
- converting statements into equations that can be manipulated
- working with diagrams
- step by step for writing a proof
- what to do when you get stuck - options
- how to create new lines in the proof
- combining previous lines using substitution and the transitive property
- being careful about congruent vs. equal!!
- practice and examples
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like: