Writing a Research Paper Unit Project & Portfolio: Grades 8-12 EDITABLE
Also included in
- Looking for a bundle of engaging, interactive writing activities and projects for your middle and high school students? I've got you covered! This bundle includes more than 30 highly engaging writing resources designed for grades 7-12.The best part about this writing bundle? It includes ALL of my wrPrice $225.00Original Price $320.00Save $95.00
This research writing unit and portfolio has everything you need to teach the research process in an organized and engaging way! Your students will strengthen their reading, writing, and researching skills throughout the research project.
This comprehensive portfolio will help your students master the research writing process in 6 steps-- indicated by organized tabs (topic selection, research, annotated bibliography, research outline, the writing process, and reflection).
This resource was updated in January 2020.
The portfolio is made up of 42 pages plus cover pages and tabs for each section.
- Research paper guidelines
- Research paper expectations checklist
- Research essay rubric
- Selecting a topic guidelines
- Topic selection graphic organizer
- Final research paper topic worksheet
- Topic selection example
- Identifying scholarly articles guided notes
- Research sources (for 7 scholarly sources)
- Annotated bibliography internet scav. hunt
- Annotated bibliography 101
- Annotated bibliography assignment sheet and example
- Annotated bibliography rubric
- Research paper outline guidelines
- Research paper outline example
- Research paper outline template
- The importance of understanding plagiarism
- MLA formatting
- Avoiding plagiarism by using citations
- Introductions & thesis statements
- Body Paragraphs (topic sentences, embedding quotes, and transition statements)
- Synthesizing information to create a scholarly essay
- MLA formatted example
- Peer review & reflection guidelines/checklist
- Reflection graphic organizer
- Final grading rubric
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I loved this! It was easy to follow and laid out every step of the process. This was so easy for my students to follow and engage with." -Erin E.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I have used this for the last two years with my 8th graders and it is a great resource! It breaks down a big research paper into very manageable steps to make this process less stressful for the students." -Shannon M.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I wish that this resource had been available when I started teaching in 1998! I cannot tell you how much easier it has made teaching research writing. " -Christy C.
Looking for PERSUASIVE writing? Check out my Persuasive Writing Portfolio here!
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach