~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Short Story Writing~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For many students, writing is difficult. Then, add a specific task like short story writing, and for some, the task becomes grueling and impossible. Teaching the elements of writing a short story can be challenging, especially since there is an “order” of developing and brainstorming the actual components of short story writing. Therefore, I created a 29-page, step-by-step writer’s toolbox to help your students “build” the essential components of their short story.
*Ready to edit in Google Slides!
~~~~~~~~~~~~What do I receive with this product?~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*30-Page Toolbox PDF & Google Classroom Version-The entire framework for building a short story
1. Getting Started-
*Understanding the Short Story
*Choosing a Genre
2. Brainstorming Your Short Story Idea
3. Summarizing Your Story-Creating a Longline
4. Understanding Plot Structure
5. Plotting Your Short Story Events
6. Brainstorming the Protagonist
7. Protagonist's Decision
8. Designing the Antagonist-4 Pages
9. Designing Your Setting
10. The Perfect First Line-Brainstorming and Understanding
11. Choosing Point of View
12. Understanding How to Format Dialogue-4 Pages
13. Choosing Compelling Words-Word Choice
14. Checklist Before You Begin Writing!
~Why Use Google?~
Google Classroom, Slides and Documents are now becoming a part of our classrooms. Many schools are lucky to have 1:1 computers or tablets in their classrooms, and students can access files right from their devices. Here are some other fantastic reasons on why you should try the digital version:
~It is paperless
~Differentiate your instruction
~Accessible from any device
~Highly engaging for your students
~And the best part, there is no work for the teacher! Just assign the templates, and let your students go!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be more than happy to accommodate you!