All teachers are writing and reading teachers, and students need help in summarizing skills whether it be a physical education video, science chapter, poem, play, short story, novel, newspaper article, or TV show. By showing students how to summarize, teachers will be able to see if the pupils understand the material.
Students will be able to do the following:
* brainstorm using the SQ3R method
* complete a graphic organizer (the wheel)
* write a well-developed summary using complete sentences
* proofread their work
* use a rubric to evaluate their work
The PDF contains the following:
* step-by-step instructions
* example with answer key
* topics for subject-specific writing assignments
* handouts that explain the writing process
Materials align to the Common Core standards.
Please click the Follow Me button to be notified of new listings, free items, and sales. If you have time, please rate the item and leave some feedback. Thank you!
Writing a Summary by Jan Cosner is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.