Students love to write stories, but they need to be guided to organize them into a beginning, a middle, and an end. By completing a worksheet and a set of wheels, students can put their ideas in order and create their own original stories.
Students will be able to do the following:
* brainstorm the beginning, middle, and end of a story using graphic organizers (wheels)
* write a three-paragraph story using complete sentences
* proofread their work
* use a rubric to evaluate their work
The 16-page PDF contains the following:
* step-by-step instructions
* handouts that explain the writing process
* sentence stems to use as models for stories
* scoring rubric for writing assignments
Materials align to the Common Core standards.
Writing a Three-Paragraph Story
by Jan Cosner
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License