This 23-page lesson plan is a wonderful writing/art project that will connect home and school, while creating a Love Letter keepsake book at the end of the year!
Awesome project for 1st-3rd graders!
Teachers and students will love creating a book of Love Letters that parents will treasure forever.
This lesson plan includes one year of writing prompts, samples, printable templates, printable clip art, coloring pages and ideas -- everything you need for the school year to create a memorable book. As a teacher, this is one my most gratifying projects and, as a parent, one of my most cherished.
BEST project ever!
The creative art activities in the Love Letters will provide wonderful benefits to children in all areas of development, such as:
• Development of fine motor skills -- holding a writing tool, using hand-eye coordination and strengthening the muscles in their hands and fingers.
• Learning concentration and patience - Drawing and coloring will allow children to focus on the activity that needs to be completed.
• Drawing is therapeutic and relaxing.
• Allows children to express themselves.
• Gives children a sense of achievement when they have completed their work.
About Christian Art Lessons
We, Kim and Karen, are thrilled to share our lessons with you and your students. Christian Art Lessons was created to help people teach and learn art. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions with a focus on the greatest artist of all time, God. Our friendship began when we were both asked to teach art in our church's summer program.
We found we had similar backgrounds: taught art for over 20 years, had college degrees, and lived in California with our families and dogs. Additionally, we both have a passion creating, teaching, inspiring and challenging children to love art.
You can learn more: http://www.christianartlessons.com