Practice writing and graphing linear equations with these fun mystery letter team relays!
Each relay has students work in groups of 4 to graph a line by breaking up the steps to give each student in the group a different role:
- Student 1 is responsible for finding the slope of a line given two points
- Student 2 is responsible for writing the equation of the line in point-slope form
- Student 3 is responsible for converting the point-slope form equation into slope-intercept form
- Student 4 is responsible for graphing the slope-intercept equation
The graph of the line passes through a point which tells the students the mystery letter. Checking if a group completed the relay correctly is as simple as checking their mystery letter!
There are 4 relays included (all set up the same way) so that students can rotate roles each time, giving each student an opportunity to completed each of the 4 steps.
Competitive classes love making team relays a race!
The 10 pages of this download include:
- 1 cover page
- 1 page of teacher directions & tips
- 4 team relays
- 4 answer keys
I hope you and your students enjoy this cooperative learning activity!