Which One Doesn't Belong? Activities for Writing in Math, aligned with 5th grade Common Core Math Standards. Students will choose which item doesn't belong and explain their reasoning. Great for math journals, problems of the day, mini assessments, math centers, review for incoming 6th graders, and more!
Each page aligns with these 5th Grade Common Core Math Standards:
1. Multiply Fractions: 5.NF.4a
2. Patterns Using Repeated Multiplication: 5.OA.3
3. Trapezoids vs. Parallelograms: 5.G.3
4. Graphing Points on a Coordinate Plane: 5.G.1
5. Place Value: 5.NBT.1
6. Operations Using Parentheses: 5.OA.1
7. Rounding Decimals: 5.NBT.4
8. Patterns Containing Repeated Decimal Operations: 5.OA.3, 5.NBT.7
9. Operations with Parentheses and Brackets: 5.OA.1
10. Solve word problems involving division of whole numbers leading to answers in the form of fractions or mixed numbers: 5.NF.3
I always want my students to explain their reasoning. I hope these are helpful for your students, too!
* Teacher Information, with Common Core Standards listed
* 10 pages of "Which One Doesn't Belong?" questions
* 10 pages of detailed answers
* Credits page
Thank you for purchasing and leaving feedback!
Did you know that you can earn TpT store credits by leaving feedback on my products? Go to the "Buyers Handbook" on the TpT site to learn how to redeem your credits on future purchases. There’s more… If you go to “My Purchases” you will see a list of what you’ve bought in the past. Click the “Leave Feedback” button and you can still earn store credits for your past purchases!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches: Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive updates about this store.
Please honor the time and effort put into this product by not giving it away to others. Your purchase allows you to return to your purchases page at Teachers Pay Teachers to purchase additional licenses at a reduced cost for your colleagues.