Help your second, third, and fourth grade students explain math in writing.
Students will be able to do the following:
* solve a story problem
* write an explanation of how they solved the problem
* fill in a form
* proofread their work
* use a rubric to evaluate their work
The 11-page PDF contains the following:
* step-by-step instructions
* handouts that explain the writing process
* sentence stems to use as models for stories
* scoring rubric for writing assignments
Materials align to the Common Core standards.
Writing in Math on State Tests (Elementary)
by Jan Cosner
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License