✍Teach your students how to write the argument essay with this complete unit bundle! Lessons on writing hooks statements, introductions, argument paragraphs, citing evidence, counter-argument paragraphs, argument games, student interactive notebook for all lessons, and classroom posters!✍
☟What is included:☟
1. Complete student interactive notebook (both digital and print)
keeps all documents for the unit in one, beautifully designed place.
2. Lesson on writing a quality, engaging hook
(lead) statement with fun, interactive hook stations activity to practice the skill.
3. Lesson on writing a thesis
using the thesis generator I created. This ‘generator’ uses a step by step guide to create an arguable thesis statement in formal writing.
4. Lesson on in-text citation
with valuable note taking documents within the interactive notebook. Teach students to seamlessly incorporate evidence within their paragraphs.
5. Lesson on crafting an argument
with specific graphic organizers for support and strong examples provided with the interactive notebook.
6. Lesson on crafting the counterargument
paragraph with the formal 5 point counterargument method. Specific graphic organizers, note taking documents, and strong examples support students as they draft the ideal counterargument paragraph.
7. Graphic organizers
take students through the entire paper. Two sets of organizers are included within this purchase for differentiation. Set A will support younger or struggling writers, while set B will encourage depth and complexity from your stronger, more experienced writers.
9. Two beautifully designed class posters
: - 5 point counterargument model poster and citing sources poster
10. Handouts for supporting students with transition words, strong academic language, persuasive language, citing evidence sentence starters, etc.
11. Amazing Pre-Writing activities
with lesson plans, documents, printables, and instructional pages!
12. Five fun, collaborative games
for creating arguments, counter-arguments, evaluating perspectives and sufficiency of evidence!
13. Google Links Page
- digital links to ALL documents for digital classrooms
14. Printable pages for non-digital classrooms
15. Lesson plan/suggestions for teaching
⛱ No Prep Plans
120 pages, 80 Slides
Follow my store by clicking on the link at the top of the page for updates, announcements, and fun freebies! You can also find me at my blog
, on Facebook
, on Instagram
, and on Twitter
Teaching students to analyze an author’s arguments is a great way to prep for their own argument writing, check out these products!
Analyzing Arguments with Dr. King's Letter from a Birmingham Jail
Ethos, Pathos, Logos- The Three Pillars of Persuasion
Logical Fallacies made Easy!
Rhetoric- Ethos/Pathos/Logos Bell Ringer Activities!
Rhetorical Analysis-Analyzing an Author's Argument
Save money with these UNIT BUNDLES!
Analyze Arguments: King's Letter from a Birmingham Jail- COMPLETE UNIT BUNDLE!
Rhetorical Analysis Unit BundleAnalyze an Author's Argument with Atticus Finch's Closing Arguments-