March Maneuvers - Swing into Spring which offers thirty-one Common Core aligned writing activities - will tone up Middle and High School students’ (and teachers’) winter-weary brains.
Included in this packet are
• Thirty-One writing activities with directions and writing requirements
• A March calendar of celebrations with at least 2 per day ranging from the first day of the month to the last.
5 Sample Activities
1. Choose one of the celebrations under today’s date. Even if you don’t know why this topic became a day of celebration, imagine a reason for its existence. Explain the: Who, what, where, when and why behind its formation. Also discuss any ways people celebrate this day.
2. Write a persuasive essay that supports either promoting or abolishing this celebration.
3. Research the real reason this day came to exist. Explain the: Who, what, where, when, why and how behind its formation. Also discuss any ways people celebrate this day.
4. Choose a character from the literature you are currently studying and show his/her opinion about this day. Be sure that you are writing from this character’s point of view and not your own.
5. Write a scene from a book that creates a word picture of a fervent follower of this holiday.
*General Writing Activity Project
1. Following the teacher’s time-frame and specific requirements for this project, create an advertising campaign for this holiday that includes newspaper/magazine, radio and television ads.
2. *Create three recipes for this day to share on a Food Network show. They can be appetizers, snacks, main dishes, soups, salads, desserts or sides, but no more than two can be from the same category.
See the complete list of activities (31) and a March calendar with over 135 Celebrations when you download this product.
Think warm breezes and sunny days with March Maneuvers - Swing into Spring
For more writing ideas, check out
Writing and Comprehension - Writing About Reading
Comprehension, Thinking & Writing Activities: Making the Most of May
Writing: Write Right! Incredible Critique Forms and Rubrics
Enjoy a Teach It Now Day,
For an automatic Heads-Up! email about Updated and New products, and also for Sales and other promotions, please click on the Follow Me star under my Store name, Connie.