I firstly just want to say that this is one of my favourite projects to do with students, and it has been one of my most popular items on TPT! I created a new version of the popular project (see 2018 version if you wish) to make it more specific, but also more accessible for my diverse learners! I find that this is a project that all students can find success in, which is the number one reason why I love it so much.
You will receive with your PDF download:
- A booklet with step-by-step instructions for students.
- Includes number of marks for each part of the booklet.
- Includes a full one-point rubric for the website portion.
- The visual mark is an overall impression of students' website OR you can ask students to create a visual of their superhero and assign a mark based on their drawing/visual creation.
How to Use
- Give each student a booklet.
- Explain to students that they will be based on the element that they will choose.
- Pull names of students out of a container one by one and have them choose which element they would like to do their project on. I prefer to only have one students per element.
- You will need lots of time to book the computer lab or iPads, as this is a research-heavy project and also requires students to create a website (if you wish).
- I find that the instructions are quite clear in the booklet, but if you have any questions feel free to contact me through TPT and I will be happy to help you!
- When students complete their projects they can either present in front of the class or they can do a gallery walk of each other's websites.